This article explains how to setup the Braintree payment gateway with GetPaid.
You need to install and activate the Braintree Payment Gateway extension for GetPaid in order to access these options.
- Activate - In order to use Braintree as your payment gateway, you need to check this box to activate it.
- Checkout Title - The title of the checkout field.
- Checkout Description - This is where you can add a description for the checkout field.
- Priority - Specify the priority for this payment gateway.
- Enable Sandbox - If you wish to enable sandbox for testing purposes, check this box.
- Sandbox Public Key - Specify your Braintree Sandbox Public Key.
- Sandbox Private Key - Specify your Braintree Sandbox Private Key.
- Sandbox Merchant ID - Specify your Braintree Sandbox Merchant ID.
- Live Public Key - Specify your Braintree Live Public Key.
- Live Private Key - Specify your Braintree Live Private Key.
- Live Merchant ID - Specify your Braintree Live Merchant ID.
- Credit Card Statement Name - You can specify the credit card statement name for your business here. This is how transactions will appear on your users' credit card bills. Company name/DBA section must be either 3, 7 or 12 characters and the product descriptor can be up to 18, 14, or 9 characters respectively (with an * in between for a total description name of 22 characters).
- Fraud Tool - Select the fraud tool you want to use. Basic is enabled by default and requires no additional configuration. Kount Standard requires you to enable advanced fraud tools in your Braintree control panel. To use Kount Custom you must contact Braintree support.
- Webhook URL - This URL needs to be copied and pasted into your Braintree control panel.
In order to get started with Braintree payment gateway, it is a good idea to first sign up for the Sandbox account.
- Once you have signed up for Braintree Sandbox, head to GetPaid > Settings > Payment Gateways > Braintree and tick the Enable Sandbox option.
- Input you Sandbox Public Key, Private Key and Merchant ID. You can get this information from the Braintree control panel.
- Save your settings. You can now attempt sandbox payments on your GetPaid website with the testing values as specified by Braintree.
Once you are certain everything is working, you can disable sandbox and sign up for a Braintree account. Thereafter, grab your Live Public Key, Private Key and Merchant ID and input the same in Braintree Payment Gateway extension settings.
Lastly, remember to copy your Webhook URL and paste it into your Braintree control panel.