Digital Downloads Setup Guide
This is the Setup Guide for the Digital Downloads extension for GetPaid.
You need to have both Digital Downloads as well as GetPaid installed and activated in order to access these options.
Digital Downloads extension allows you to add digital files to the items you sell. Your buyers can then download the files safely from the payment confirmation page, or from the invoice, or from the “My Downloads” page.
- Set the Download name and location (select from the media library or add a link to an outside storage location).
- Set an expiry date for the download link, or leave it blank for no expiry.
- Set the number of times a file can be downloaded, or leave it blank for unlimited downloads.
- The link to the file appears on the confirmation page and invoice after a successful payment.
- Hide URL of downloadable files or use X-Accel-Redirect / X-Sendfile
- Stop Hotlinking. Only logged-in users who bought your products will be able to download them.
- Use the shortcode [getpaid_downloads] to show users all their downloads.
- Once you head to the Add New Item page, you can specify Download Limit and Download Expiry for your downloads. If left blank, downloads will never expire and users can download them unlimited number of times.
- On the same page, you can add downloadable files. Click Add File, and then specify the filename and URL. Alternatively, click Choose File to upload the file(s) or choose them from Media Library.