Sales Funnels Setup Guide
This is the Setup Guide for the GetPaid Sales Funnels extension.
You need to have both the GetPaid plugin and the Sales Funnels extension installed and activated in order to access these settings.
Sales Funnels is a simple and lightweight add-on that turns GetPaid into a Sales Funnel Builder For WordPress.
The GetPaid Sales Funnels Builder lets you create for each of your items:
- Order bumps
- One-Click Upsells
- One-Click Downsells
What is a Sales Funnel?
A sales funnel is the flow potential customers go through on the way to a purchase.
What is a Sales Funnel Builder?
A Sales Funnel Builder allows automating the steps of an online transaction, aimed at maximizing revenues.
It will take a customer from:
- The landing page of a particular product to a check-out form with options to buy extra compelling offers (order bumps).
- After check out, the buyer is taken to another offer page where he finds a one-click upsell option. If the offer is accepted, the customer is sent to the success page, otherwise, it is taken to the down-sell page.
- If he accepts the down-sell or not, he lands on the success page, where are listed the item purchased and the amount spent.
What are Order Bumps?
Order Bumps are add-on products that are offered during checkout.
The most common example in the real world is fries offered with your burger.
Over the internet, we usually see a hosting plan offered when buying a domain. Or a website builder offered when buying a hosting plan.
On Amazon, they are the product presented as "Frequently bought together"
What are Upsell and Down-sell?
One-click upsell/down-sell offers, appear after the checkout and take advantage of a tokenized transaction to add products to such transactions after the check out button is clicked. If the upsell is turned down, a down-sell is usually offered.
After buying a new smartphone online, a 256 GB SD card is offered as the upsell. If the offer is turned down, a 128 GB SD card is offered instead as the down-sell.
Sales Funnel Infographic
Setting Things Up
This is extremely easy.
After activating the Sales Funnels extension a new Metabox will appear below each of your items.
Here you can select:
- The success page (Order Complete) that you wish to use for this Funnel.
- The item and page to use for the Upsell.
- The item and page to use for the Downsell.
- One or more items to be offered as Order Bumps.
Creating your first Funnel
For a complete Sales Funnel, you will need 4 or more items. Creating an item is super simple.
Go to GetPaid > Items > Add New.
Add the Item Title, Price (recurring or fix), Item Description, the Featured Image, and publish.
In this example, you can see the 4 Items for the funnel of our demo.
- The Blue Mountain Subscription item is the main product for the landing page.
- The Espresso Cups are the Order Bump.
- The Deluxe Espresso Machine is the Upsell.
- The Moka is the Downsell.
For this funnel, we will be using the default Success, Upsell, and Downsell pages.
As you can see on the screenshot below, the fields of the Upsell / Downsell / Order Bumps Metabox of the main item are filled with the item needed for this funnel.
You can see the DEMO for this funnel here: https://wordpress-492495-1835735.cloudwaysapps.com/
Customizing the pages
All the pages of each funnel can be easily customized and they provide shortcodes/blocks for each element of the items.