This article explains how to setup the PayFast payment gateway with GetPaid.
You need to install and activate the PayFast Payment Gateway extension for GetPaid in order to access these options.
PayFast is a popular online payment solution, and is counted among the top payment gateways in South Africa. It supports multiple currencies and can be integrated with GetPaid with the help of our PayFast Payment Gateway extension within minutes.
- Activate - In order to use PayFast as your payment gateway, you need to check this box to activate it.
- Checkout Title - The title of the checkout field.
- Checkout Description - This is where you can add a description for the checkout field.
- Priority - Specify the priority for this payment gateway.
- PayFast Test Mode - If you wish to enable a test mode to verify that the payment gateway is working correctly, check this box.
- Merchant ID - Specify your PayFast Merchant ID (numeric values only).
- Merchant Key - Specify your PayFast Merchant Key. You can find this in your PayFast control panel.
- Pass Phrase - Specify a pass phrase. This pass phrase is mandatory for recurring payments; you can find it in your PayFast control panel. If you update your pass phrase in PayFast, you need to update the same here as well.
- ITN URL - This URL needs to be copied and pasted into your PayFast control panel.
In order to get started with PayFast payment gateway, you first need to signup for an account with PayFast.
You can signup for a PayFast account here.
- Once you have signed up for a PayFast account, head to GetPaid > Settings > Payment Gateways > PayFast Payments.
- Input your Merchant ID, Merchant Key and Pass Phrase. You can get this information from the PayFast control panel.
- Save your settings.
If you wish to test your PayFast connection, you can tick the PayFast Test Mode option. Note that you need to disable this option once you have tested everything -- otherwise real-time payments will not work.