PayPal Payments Pro
This article explains how to setup the PayPal Payments Pro payment gateway with GetPaid.
You need to install and activate the PayPal Payments Pro Payment Gateway extension for GetPaid in order to access these options.
PayPal Payments Pro is a popular online payment solution for eCommerce stores. It supports multiple currencies and can be integrated with GetPaid with the help of our PayPal Payments Pro Payment Gateway extension within minutes.
- Activate - In order to use PayPal Pro as your payment gateway, you need to check this box to activate it.
- Checkout Title - The title of the checkout field.
- Checkout Description - This is where you can add a description for the checkout field.
- Priority - Specify the priority for this payment gateway.
- PayPal Pro Sandbox - If you wish to enable a test mode to verify that the payment gateway is working correctly, check this box.
- Username - Specify your PayPal Pro username. Note that this is not the same as your PayPal username; instead, it's the API username as specified in your PayPal account's Developer section.
- API Password - Specify your PayPal Pro Merchant Key. You can find this in your PayPal Pro developer panel.
- API Signature - Specify your PayPal Pro API Signature.
- ITN URL - This is the callback URL for the gateway; you should not edit this.
In order to get started with PayPal Payments Pro payment gateway, you first need to signup for an account with PayPal.
You can signup for a PayPal account here. Note that you need a PayPal Business account, not a personal account.
- Once you have signed up for a PayPal Payments Pro account, head to GetPaid > Settings > Payment Gateways > PayPal Pro Payments.
- Input your API Username, API Password and API Signature. You can get this information from the PayPal Pro account's Developer section.
- Save your settings.
If you wish to test your PayPal Pro connection, you can tick the PayPal Pro Sandbox option and then specify the sandbox API credentials instead of live credentials. Note that you need to disable this option once you have tested everything -- otherwise real-time payments will not work.