This article explains how to setup Cheque Payments as a payment gateway on your GetPaid website.
In order to access these options, you need to have the Cheque Payments extension installed and activated.
Generally, you'd want to use Cheque Payments as a checkout option if you are delivering good and services to a specific region in particular where cheques are still fairly common, as compared to a global clientele where cheque payments might not be feasible.
Perchance your business is selling only tangible goods or you do not have the required resources to verify the authenticity of cheque-based payments, Cheque Payments should not be enabled.
- Activate - Tick the checkbox to activate cheque payments on your site.
- Checkout Title - Provide a title for the checkout field.
- Description - Add a description for the payment gateway checkout field.
- Priority - Specify the priority of the payment gateway on the checkout page.
- Instructions - Type any instructions that you might wish to convey to your customers (such as cheque payment conditions, time-frame, etc).
- Go to GetPaid > Settings > Payment Gateways > Cheque Payments.
- Tick the checkbox next to Activate.
- Customize your settings as necessary. It is a good idea to add detailed Instructions here, including your refund or cheque rejection policy.
- Save your settings.